October – June
Module 1 of the Máster
The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences of the University of Barcelona, through the Master’s Degree in “Critical Illness and Emergencies”, offers the course Fundamentals in Critical Care and Emergencies. This is a totally online course, of 30 ECTS credits, aimed at acquiring the theoretical knowledge essential to be able to attend a critical patient wherever it is: ICU, emergencies, and prehospital emergencies.
All aspects related to physiopathology, clinical manifestations, monitoring, actions, treatment and follow-up in the different pathologies that can affect a critical patient are addressed in depth. Lessons are created to follow the patient’s care continuum. Teaching contents are taught online through audio-visual capsules and seminar presentations, electronic textbooks, as well as tutorials and evaluations by telepresence.
It is a multidisciplinary course, aimed at health professionals (medicine, nursing), who may or may not be trained in critical care but who may face situations of reception for acute patients and victims of disasters.
Registration fee: € 2,800 (€ 93 per ECTS credit). Same price for European Union and international students. A diploma of Specialization / Postgraduate Diploma from the University of Barcelona is awarded. Convalidatable with Module 1 of the Master’s Degree in Critical Illness and Emergencies in case the student later wishes to continue studying the Master’s.
Course FCCE 2022/2023
€200 discount applicable with pre-registration before 30/04
Do you need more info? Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Access qualification: Graduates in Medicine or Nursing. Persons who in their country have legal attributions for health care.
- Work experience: No previous work experience is required for admission to the master.
- Online Classes: study at your own pace thanks to the online visualization of the face-to-face sessions.
- Critical Illness and Emergencies book: each student will receive a copy of our reference book, which covers the fundamentals of acute care. Available in digital and physical format.
- Virtual Campus. Moodle: interact with content, teachers and additional resources on the virtual campus platform.
ASSESSMENT AND INITIAL STABILIZATION OF THE ACUTE PATIENT
SEDATION AND ANALGESIA
MECHANICAL VENTILATION AND RESPIRATORY DISEASES
CARDIOLOGY AND CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES
INFECTIONS AND SEPTIC PROCESSES
DIGESTIVE DISEASES IN CRITICALLY ILL PATIENT
NUTRITION AND METABOLISM
POISONING AND OVERDOSES
NEUROLOGIC CRITICALLY ILL PATIENT I
NEUROLOGIC CRITICALLY ILL PATIENT II
BRAIN DEATH AND ORGAN DONATION
CRITICALLY ILL TRAUMATIC PATIENT I
CRITICALLY ILL TRAUMATIC PATIENT II
ULTRASOUND APPLIED TO CRITICALLY ILL PATIENT
SEVERE OBSTETRIC DISEASES
CRITICALLY ILL PEDIATRIC PATIENT
DISASTERS AND MULTIPLE VICTIMS
EMERGENCIES IN SPECIAL SITUATIONS
RESCUE AND SANITARY TRANSPORT
ACTIVATION AND DEPLOYMENT OF EMERGENCY SERVICES
CRITICALLY ILL PATIENT WITH COVID-19
Do you need more info about the course FMCE? Write us at email@example.com and we will help you.